Wild Pheasant Hunting
Pheasant hunting at Johannsen Farms Outfitting is second to none.
WE ARE NOT A HUNTING PRESERVE. All the birds on our farm are 100% WILD. We pride ourselves on providing a challenging wild pheasant hunting experience even the most accomplished wingshooter can appreciate.
We specialize in guiding smaller hunting parties ranging in number from 3-10 hunters. All hunts are guided by professional pheasant hunting guides and include the following:
- Transportation to and from the field
- Our professionally trained flushing/pointing labs and/or your dogs
- Sack lunch in the field or hot lunch in the clubhouse
- Bird cleaning and packaging
- Daily round of clays at our trap shooting area
- Johannsen Farms Outfitting hunting hat
- Heated dog kennels for your four legged hunting partner
At Johannsen Farms Outfitting your hunting party will receive special attention. We do not mix groups, thus allowing you to enjoy a day afield with your family & friends. If your group has 6 or more hunters, you will be the only group on the entire property during your hunt.
For over 17 years our hunters have experienced a 95% success rate, seeing hundreds of birds while bagging their daily limit of 3 roosters each day. Don't let our success rate fool you into thinking this is an easy hunt. These hunts are challenging and the crafty roosters tend to humble the greatest wing shooters. Our success rate is mainly due to our carefully managed, limited harvest of birds. This ensures that there is a proper ratio of roosters to hens heading into winter. Careful habitat management ensures a healthy population of thousands of ringneck pheasants each season.
Season dates for the fall of 2020 run from October 17th to January 3rd. Due to possible late season weather concerns, no hunts will be scheduled after December 15th.
Wild Pheasant Hunting Rates
- Groups of 3-5 hunters: $450/gun/day*
- Groups of 6-10 hunters: $400/gun/day*
All hunters need to purchase their own South Dakota Small Game Hunting License. For more information on South Dakota licensing, including costs, click on the following link: http://gfp.sd.gov/hunting/licenses/default.aspx.
* Minimum 3 hunters
* 6.0% South Dakota sales tax & gratuities not included
* A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time you book your hunt * Rates subject to change